What do you call something you can’t see, can’t smell, and that could kill you? Well, many home inspectors will tell you that the answer is Radon gas, especially since this is the second greatest cause of lung cancer.

Radon appears naturally in the earth, and it is usually vented harmlessly into the air, but when it gets contained inside a home, it could do serious damage to those living there.

Since you can’t detect it by look or smell, you will need to have your home tested to find out whether or not there is Radon gas in it. The gas can make it into your home through cracks in the foundation and basement, but unfortunately it isn’t always enough to just patch these up. In some cases ducts and fans need to be installed underneath your home to remedy the situation.

While it might seem like a lot of work, it is important to remember that living with Radon gas in your home could shorten your life significantly.

error: Content is protected !!